Friday, August 21, 2009

18 Weeks


We are 18 weeks today! I'm so excited that I'm my belly is growing! The baby is about the size of a big pickle with arms and legs this week. I've been eating a TON of pickles! We're buying them in the economy sized jars! Haha!! I don't know what it is about them- they're just so good! I read that they are a natural cure for heartburn but luckily I haven't had any of that yet!

We had a doctor's appointment today and had blood drawn for the 2nd Trimester Screen. We also got to listen to his heartbeat. It sounded strong and steady! Some people buy or rent dopplers so they can listen to their baby's heartbeat at home. They bounce a signal off of the baby and it reflects the heartbeat then it processes it and what we hear through the doppler is an electronic version of the heartbeat. I think it would be so much better if we could hear the actual heart sounds! I've read that we can listen in with a fetoscope, but I've also read that you can't hear much with these until much later in pregnancy. So, I've considered the options and have concluded that I'm happy just feeling the little guy moving around in there! That has been the best part of pregnancy so far and I love it! :)

My cousin Courtney is coming to visit this weekend! He's a Marine stationed at 29 Palms. I am so proud of him and am excited to see him! We're going to get up early Saturday morning and take him wakeboarding! I hope to get some great pictures to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment