Monday, September 21, 2009

Moving Right Along!

We haven't had a lot going on lately so I haven't felt like I've had much to write about! I wanted to blog last week, but I accidently erased the pictures I wanted to post... oops! I was so impressed last weekend that I took pictures of the amazing breakfast that Joe made for me- they were the most beautiful Belgian waffles with strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream! I am so lucky to have such a loving (and super handsome) husband! :) We've really been enjoying each other and looking forward to welcoming our son! It was a fun summer, but I'm really ready for fall. We are all set to stain the concrete on the back patio and are just waiting for it to cool off a little! I think this may be the week that we're able to get it done! Joe installed some outdoor speakers under the eaves and after the concrete's stained I'll paint the cabinets that we're moving out there and our patio project will be complete! We've been dreaming about it for years now so we're very excited to enjoy it!

We are 22 weeks this week! The baby is doing great! We had a doctor's appointment last Friday. My belly measured right where it was supposed to and our weight gain is looking good! The baby weighs a whole pound now!! He's about 11" from head to toe. It's really awesome feeling him growing! Joe felt him move for the first time last week!! It was really exciting for me- I've been feeling him for a while now and I have been so anxious to share some of this lil miracle with Daddy! He is pretty active. While the doctor was listening for his heartbeat he was kicking a lot! We did get to hear it though and it sounded great at 144 bpm! Joe had his ear up to my belly yesterday and got a little punch on the cheek! I read that the baby already has the same sleep pattern as a newborn. He's most active later in the evenings. He seems pretty laid back for the most part though, so I'm hoping that he won't give us too much of a hard time after he gets here! :) I also read that his hearing is developing and he should be able to hear us now. I've been reading to him everyday out of Where the Sidewalk Ends. They say that babies will become familiar with rhythms in utero and they will recognize them after birth! We listen to music everyday also- I know that classical is supposed to be best, but I've been more in the mood for jazz! I am sure that he's going to be a pretty smart cookie no matter what! :) Speaking of smarts, the doctor mentioned that I need to get a lot of Omega-3's to help with that! My prenatal vitamins already have DHA which is an Omega-3, but we bought a big bag of walnuts for me to snack on and we're going to start eating more fish. I don't really care much for cooked fish or really any freshwater fish, so if anyone has a good idea or recipe please share! We grilled salmon last night with lemon and lemon pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms. It was pretty good, but still fish! I'm hoping that the more I eat it, the better it starts to taste! We'll see!

We should start growing a little quicker! I'm hoping to have a nice round belly for Halloween! xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment