Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summertime!!

Woohoo! Summertime is in full swing and we're loving it!! Thankfully our first trimester is almost over (officially July 21) and hopefully the worst parts of pregnancy will go with it! I haven't had a hard time, I'm just ready to have some energy back and I'm sure Joe's ready for the moodiness to go away! He would probably tell you that I haven't been as bad this time as last- I think last time I wasn't always "nice" but this time I feel like my negative moods are more on the sad side. It's been a pretty emotional last couple of months! It isn't fair that our pregnancy
experience has been jaded, but we're doing our best to think positive! I think it will be a different story in a couple more weeks when we get past our 18 week diagnostic ultrasound and when I start to feel the baby moving and I get a belly! I cannot wait!!!! We have our first trimester screen next Tuesday. I'm apprehensive because I've heard that false positives are somewhat common, but our doctor told us that she will be able to tell us with 98% confidence whether the baby is "normal". We declined this test last time so it will be a new experience! I'm super excited to get to see the baby again! It should look more like a baby this time and less like a bean! It should also be fairly active so I just can't wait! They'll do a detailed ultrasound and measure the nuchal fold on the back of the baby's neck and combine the statistics for that measurement with a blood test to see if we're at an increased risk for abnormalities. We're really looking forward to hearing that everything appears to be okay!!

We had a great time last weekend out on the lake! We and 2 other couples spent the day floating and the weather was perfect! We even brought a little grill that clamps onto a side rail of the boat and enjoyed hotdogs for dinner! :) We met up with Marcus and April's family and had a front row view to the fireworks. I think they were probably some of the best (if not THE best!) that I had ever seen! It's really cool being out there in the dark with so many other boats around celebrating together- just awesome! Isn't the picture of Joe and Adelle adorable? He is going to be an amazing Daddy!

This weekend we are heading to Park Moabi to meet up with the Jimenez family! Yay!!!! I can't wait to see them!!! Kalah, Joe, and I are taking the boat and leaving around noon on Friday. It's about a 4 hour trip but since we'll be pulling the boat, it will probably take 5 or 6! :) We'll spend Saturday in the water and probably go down river to Lake Havasu. Then on Sunday, we're all coming back here! I feel so lucky that they are using their vacation to visit us!

We have some exciting things going on this summer!! Stay tuned! xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment