Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jimenez Family in SoCal!!!

My sister and her family were here this week! We met them at Park Moabi on the Colorado River and camped Friday night and Saturday night. It was so much fun! It was about 115 degrees outside but the water was crisp around 70 degrees. We went through the Topock Gorge- it was so pretty! There were red rocky cliffs on both sides of the river. Pictures definitely don't do
it any justice! It was about 18 miles from our campsite to Lake Havasu so it took us about an hour, maybe a little longer, to get there. We went through the channel where everyone beaches their boats and hangs out in the water and stopped and swam for a while. It's a lot of fun to people watch and see all of the nice boats! We went under the London Bridge which wasn't as exciting as I think maybe the kids were thinking it was going to be! We had some lunch outside in the sand at Joe's favorite- The Naked Turtle then put the tube in the water and had some fun! It was hilarious watching Ali and Kalah ride it together! They were so funny! Both of the guys got to ride too and all of the kids too- I was a little jealous- it looked like so much fun! We stopped at the sandbar on the way back to camp and Saul and
Eli played catch and Bella collected sand in a water bottle. It was a beautiful relaxing day but it would have been so nice to have had another one just like it! We left Sunday and came back to Canyon Lake and Joe J. made us some really good spaghetti! The next day we slept in and went down to Newport after Joe got home from work. We planned on just getting our feet wet before dinner with Kalah, but Saul could not wait! He took off his shirt and went for it! It was really shallow for quite a ways and the break was fairly gentle so he got out there pretty far (or it looked far from where I was on the beach!). Of course Elijah was right behind him and little Bella couldn't be left out so she went in with all of her clothes on! They were so excited! It was really cute! After Kalah got off of work, we met her at my favorite place on the boardwalk, Mutt Lynch's, for dinner. I like it because it has big open windows facing the beach
and we sat right by them! Tuesday was their last day here! I had 2 doctor's appointments that day so I didn't get to go back to the beach with them. That evening though, Kalah came out and we grilled and had time to hang out! We sat out on the new patio and had a few cocktails (I missed out on that part!) and a few laughs! It was so nice to just be with my sisters and spend time together! I really miss being able to do that more often and hope that someday we can live closer to each other! I am just really thankful that Joe and Ali spent their vacation coming out to visit us! I'm really REALLY excited that we made plans to get together again! I have been hoping to talk Joe into travelling this winter before the baby's born since we will probably stay here for Christmas. He had been talking to Dad about getting out there to pheasant hunt- sounds perfect! So the plans are (loosely) for us to visit KC sometime in November when Dad and the boys can take the weekend to go down to GC to hunt and then hopefully we can spend the rest of the week! I would have really missed home if we weren't able to make it there this year and with a new baby, who knows when we'll be ready to travel! I'm looking forward to showing off my baby belly too! (I say that now... maybe I'll rethink that when I start getting bigger :)) We'll see as the time gets closer, but I am so excited! So it was a sad goodbye, but at least we have November to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment